January 20 - Penguin Awareness Day
Penguin Awareness Day offers a unique opportunity to get to know the dapper little avian who doesn’t fly. They’re more than just adorable tuxedo-clad birds that love the snow. What can you do to celebrate?
- Wear penguin colors. Maybe black pants with a white shirt?
- Go to the zoo or aquarium to visit with the penguins.
- Watch a movie or video that is about penguins or has a penguin in it ... March of the Penguins, Happy Feet, Madagascar, or even some Chilly Willy.
- Go to the library and find some penguin related material to read whether it be fiction or non-fiction.
- Search the Internet for penguin information.
- Watch the Pittsburgh Penguin hocky team play.
January 4th Week - Kiss a Shark Week
Spend some time learning about sharks before you kiss one ... put on your lab coat and grab a scalpel to begin your virtual shark examination. Shark Lab is a shark-lovers paradise. In this virtual laboratory, you will find heaps of information on the biology of sharks. In fact, you will be hard pressed to find a shark resource like this anywhere else on the web!