We are living in unprecedented times. With the changes brought on by COVID-19 and the incredible speed at which things are changing around us, we are continually adapting our operations and business. We are actively monitoring recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
We understand the continued concern surrounding coronavirus across our communities, and our hearts go out to all those who’ve been impacted. As pet parents, we understand you may have specific questions about how to keep your families safe, and we are here to support you every step of the way. To date, there is no evidence that companion animals can play a significant role in spreading COVID-19 (per CDC guidance). For the latest information about coronavirus and pets, we encourage you to visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html#Pets-and-Animals.
Please comply with the following for all training classes:
- Each student in class MUST have a face mask on during the entire class. Masks must fit snug and cover BOTH the nose and mouth
- While we normally encourage the whole family to attend classes with your dog, during this time, we are requiring students send only one family member to each class
- Bring hand sanitizer with you to use before and after entering the training area
- In accordance with efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19, if you are ill, experiencing flu-like symptoms or have been in contact with someone presumed positive, please contact us to reschedule
- Even if you are "simply" uncomfortable or concerned, please contact us for rescheduling options
Training classes at The CT Humane Society:
- Classes will be held outside in a fenced in area whenever possible so please dress appropriately
- Please be sure to use the restroom prior to coming to class. There will be no access to the inside of The CT Humane Society facilities
Training classes at The Simon Foundation:
- Classes will be held outside whenever possible so please dress appropriately
- Please be sure to use the restroom prior to coming to class. There will be no access to The Simon Foundation facilities
- A questionnaire will be emailed to attendees and must be completed prior to class
Our trainers will be doing the following:
- Have a face mask on during the entire class
- Not demonstrating with student dogs during class time to minimize potential germ transmission through leash handling
Our training facility partners:
- Follow regular cleaning practices using a disinfectant formulated to kill coronavirus among other germs
This situation continues to evolve quickly, and we will be continuing to monitor it closely. We are committed to providing an outstanding experience for you and your pets.